Friday, October 9, 2009

Born To Lie

You lied to me…

After all of this… you lied to me…

I thought I saw you, but the truth was blind to me

Now I just don't know what to do with you…


Why was I so quick to think that you were different?

Now I feel my heart is sick my mind has got me twisted.

I tasted joy with all you were, seasoned to perfection.

With all that's gone I was so sure of my hearts direction.

Blinded by the lies you told I wander within my sorrow.

How could you be oh so bold with a heart that was only borrowed?

Worn and weak by similar fates you chose to be a reminder.

I guess I love to prove I'm lost, knowing I will never find her.

How could I expect anything more than exactly what I received?

Confusion, pain, rage inside, not knowing what to believe.

But for all my fears and weakness shown I plaster on a smile.

This pain today is gone tomorrow lasting but awhile.

I will learn to walk again a scar upon my heart.

With experience I can carry on better from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment