Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Never Again

Now I sit here alone again

My heart bleeding through this pen

How could I let you do it again?

You take them away to spite me

Because I wouldn't let you fight with me

Now they can't spend the night with me?

Just think of yourself

And the hate deep inside

It's always been there

Shouting at me through quiet eyes

Always wrong no matter what I tried

I felt worthless with a lying smile

As long as I let you hurt me

You'd stay for awhile

Wither me down until I bleed

Then laugh because that's what you need

You need me to cry

So you can justify

Yourself….

I smile a little and so you scream

Striving to shatter my only dream

Because this is all my fault

That you never became an adult

Couldn't handle life on your own

Not even after you're grown

Beat my smile into your own

This is all the misery I've shown

I'm gone and I cry

Because you've learned nothing

After all this time

I thought you may have figured out something

I'm not a force against you

I let you do what you wanted

But it wasn't good enough

Because I never wanted anything in return

Other than for you to shut your mouth

Don't hit me or scream at me

This is what life's about?

Black my eye and lie

Tell them I did it to you

A reflection of your guilt

Another painful square

Upon misery's quilt

Cover yourself

And please keep warm

There will never be a dawn

Only a sunset

No regrets from me

I'm finally free

From an abusive life

You never were a caring wife

You just want me

To feel like you

So you can see for yourself

That it was always you

You made the choices

My life is not yours

Accept the things that you have done

Try and have a little fun

Don't cry at your reflection

It will only cry back

Turn and look at me

Instead of looking back

No comments:

Post a Comment