Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Duress

Under fire

Duress being one of my favorite

Collapse leaving no room for boredom

Understanding that we each create our own world

When life was happy…

I cowered underneath itchy bed sheets

In fitful peace

Begging the monotony to cease

Chaos being sweet release

From drowning in stagnant waters

Only floating driftwood

Made up of long dead fathers

Worried callers

And night time bothers

Oh how it must suck to love me

Watch me destroy me

But still wanting to be

Something more…

But please tear me down

As long as I'm next

Your worst is only second best

To my screaming unrest

And unless…

You can deliver duress

Please don't stress

This emptiness…

And please don't wait…

For something more to come from crazy

There's no defeating the past that made me

The death and nightmares that he gave me

Knowing the only thing to save me…

Will be myself…

So come on 'self'

Throw me a line

Give me the strength

To continue

With plastic smiles

And hollow encouragement

Oh and while you're at it…

Save the damned

And be damned yourself

For your trouble

Build them shelter out of your own life's rubble

Even while your own stomach rumbles

And your own world crumbles

Saved the damned

Because they deserve it more than you.

2 comments:

  1. duress... bravo, what a word. I can't even apply the word contextually in a sentence. nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your condescension is off the charts...

    ReplyDelete