Sunday, December 21, 2008

Borrowed

I am thankful…

For all that its worth

It was worth it all

Even when the

Verse…

Breaks with the fall

Patient

I am oh so patient

To wait for the never

Not for forever

I take the call

Listen to sorrow

Promising me of tomorrow

Granting me some time to borrow

And I live in it

But watch through dirty windows

As you smile

And here I'll stay for awhile

Living on borrowed grief

And glimpses that are oh so brief

Holding on to my one relief

Confuse me with a misery thief…

But that's not who I am

And you know this

Just the ugly in winters dormant

Absence leaves my soul in torment

Hold my heart for one more moment

Allow my heart to thaw with spring

No telling what the heat will bring

Without the pain of winters sting

I am strong

I am patient

It won't be long

Before my song

Shines as bright

As midnight walks

And palisades…

And silent graves

Autumn leaves

And brief reprieves

Tattered pictures

Fading…

Like the memories

Clouded by pain

And sorrows rain

Mud pies

And honest lies

Held in place

By hearts of glass

And broken moments

I take the time

To listen

A smile that glistens

With frozen tears

For all of my fears…

I'm stranded in hope

Because the rope

Broke with the fall

But through it all…

I love you.

I thank you.

I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment