Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hearts at half mast

I warm myself by the fires of my burning rage
finding comfort that I can still feel the hot flames
scorching my inner being…

better rage than empty believing…
even though I'm blind to the darkness
beyond my inner circle of illumination
I can still imagine the demons that lurk
pulling my strings from beyond my limited sight…
an inner being of emptiness
deeper than blackened night.
But still I try…

painting smiles and staying awhile
while the darkness and unknown call my name…
I'm still the same
ever changing from the day you met me
until the day you left me…

I'm still hiding behind my face turned up
with a mind burnt up
and a heart torn up
I'm sorry I was born not meaning to interrupt
just fallible and corrupt
a being of ignorance from a universe thrown up
but now that I'm grown up

I'm constantly dumb founded
mind boggled and surrounded
by hatred unfounded
with your egos this worlds just too crowded..

not meaning to be mean
but its all that I see
when I look in the mirror
the lines on my face coming clearer
from fear that your…

going to need some relief
from the leaf don’t you see?
That your memory of me
is all there will be
when I walk on egg shells so fucking precariously…

trusting so dangerously
when I can scarcely be
imagining things
when you're dragging your feet
On the road, on the street

Emotional scaring made by road rash
Playing catch up on life's path
Ignoring those around you
And moving too fast…
Your pace just wont last…
You'll end it with a blast
Gambling with the die that God cast
We are all beings of ignorance
When your hearts at half mast...

No comments:

Post a Comment