Friday, November 14, 2008

Killing The Rebel…

Ill never know if it will be ok

With so much love drifting away

Out of site and out of mind

Poetic versus returned in kind

I welcome back the heart shaped scar

Traveling along the edges of hurt

Marred by impatience

Kept by dreaming

Distracted by the voices screaming

Contemplating life's true meaning

Soaking up the mess

From a heart left bleeding

Taken by the side that knows

The hole that hurts

When the cold wind blows

That icy frost keeps the blooms in holding

Denying life the beauty of showing

Dormant and waiting for the seasons growing

Instead of winters cold hearted knowing

I deny myself the breath to breathe

I won't allow the time to grieve

Just stand and watch you as you leave

Praying to God for a brief reprieve

The kinder side… the romantic rebel

Takes the pain to a higher level

Holding tightly bleeding heart held high

Laughing and crying at the sight of sky

The heartless side… in deep concentration

Smiles at the rebel so full of elation

Knowing the outcome experience driven

The folly of love and the chances given

So am I the fool?

Or am I the killer?

Let love rule?

Or be the sinner?

Ill be the exiled

The still frozen river

Until I'm worth something

Something to give her

The cold air is diminished

The sun is the liar

The killer the truth

And the rebel my fire


No comments:

Post a Comment