Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Paper

Why am I sad?
There was no darkness to save me
This time…
To wrap me in coldness
Sheltered from the fire
In your eyes
That image burned me
Left me naked
Ashamed and lost
A promise broken
By the weight of collapse
An inward tumble
With nothing to grasp
The slick walls of my heart
Made of glass
Wouldn’t allow me to hold on…
Only the tiny cuts
Of fragmented memories
Embedded in the soul
Keep me aware
Of my own humanity
The jagged memory
Of a tattered lie
Keep me holding
Forever holding
That which is tainted
That which is wounded
That which is frightened
That which is weak
The scars I keep
Are from a time of then
I put on my paper
And I come back to them
Someday I’m hoping
To be able to pretend
That this tattered paper
Can be perfect again…

No comments:

Post a Comment