Thursday, February 19, 2009

Death Is Boring

All this talk of death is boring
now I think the reapers snoring
leaving life oh so boring
but I find my delight in knowing
the answers will be coming soon,
in my heart I find no room,
for your misjudged perception of me.
I have no time to bleed as I must keep going,
no time to see what your heart is showing
as I am sure this life I lead is
Slowing….
Slowing…
Slowing..
my heart pounds softer but my smile grows long
understanding that I've done nothing wrong…
to deserve to feel this way…
I've punished myself for long enough
and have been waiting for this day…
to find some version of closure
in the midst of your absence
when I've seen nothing of you since….
I lied and smiled…
said I'd see you after awhile…
knowing that my inner child…
just looked at death
and held its breath
long enough to follow
the memory of you….

No comments:

Post a Comment