Thursday, January 22, 2009

You got me twisted

Is a lying smile happy?

Is this freedom you speak of free?

No boundary no walls just misery…

The lie is the mask you place on your face

The memories of the past erased

Be something your not…. Fine…

But you forget that my heart is not mine

It exists somewhere far behind the present line

When the feelings

Were returned in kind

Instead of patient love that's blind

How dare you…

Think I twisted in mind

When you're there…

And I'm here

Forced to live in fear

Of your silence…

Only making a sound to defend your mask

Be honest….

Wasn't that all you asked?

Instead you chose to live a lie

And let love drift on by

And I am forced

To drown in truth….

Freedom…. HA!

More like a noose…

Live in your material kingdom

Claiming I have freedom

Was I just a fairy tale?

Just a fantasy

To briefly set your tired mind free

Only to leave the story unfinished

And donate the book to charity

To those you feel deserve it more

I've become a hand me down

Once more reminding me of my emotional poverty

Set my heart on the shelf labeled "for sale as is"

Test me God…

I failed your quiz

I know longer want to live…

In this divine experiment

Take me to nothing

Take me empty

End the pain and set me free

Of all these things I've claimed to be…

No comments:

Post a Comment