Thursday, May 6, 2010

Insignificant

I'm crippled by an honest nature
watching liars and fakers
become the movers and shakers
of a world that’s never met its maker

in this life there are givers and takers
smiling at nothing and crying at everything
and what do I bring to a table of kings
attended by dogs that snap at scraps
with full bellies and life on tap

what can I possibly offer that?
Just my 2 cents perhaps...

If the pathway to happiness included a map
I would ignore the dollar signs and take my heart back
because all of the money stacks
wouldn’t keep me from feeling the lack
wouldn’t stop the attack
of an honest heart gone black

so what's left but to smile with tread marks on my face
what's left but to savor the taste
of gutter water exclaiming yes that’s great!

You give shit and I take it
but only because I refuse to fake it
id rather mold the formless and remake it
then sit back and pretend that you was truth when you ain't shit

I'd rather eat my meal with saints of the void
then watch you dine with kings and be destroyed…
Shed my definitions, thought forms, and toys
While you play men and die like little boys

Where's the fun in a life that’s gone twisted
How could I have come this far and still missed it?
This is just the start of a purposeless existence
When there is no heart to fight off the semblance
Of a world in chaos living off fake redemption
Maybe God forgot or maybe failed to mention
knowledge can be learned but you cant teach wisdom
That we make up this world in our visions
Based upon the integrity of our intentions

No comments:

Post a Comment