Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Washed Away

I cast stones at myself for doing nothing
For wasting my heart, my truth, my madness
Late night walks that never ended
Wandering mind trailing
Footsteps put distance from sadness
Tear drops flooding my thoughts
Washed away by, solidified by, my trailing mind, I
Cry out to darkness… soul sailing on prevailing highs
Take my heart I despise the tide rising inside my eyes
Set me apart from the light, the warmth, the skies
Its sick... this joke… the sunrise so thick with lies
Why not destroy slowly, all of this silent knowing
Assassins of light, killers of God, forces of slowing
Empty bottles and roaches, sin in seamed into wet dreams
Subconscious attacks, unperfected devil of honorable metal
My soul breathes the exhalation of a killers hesitation
Relishing the moment of brief reprieve
Walking along shores with darks seas
Footprints washed away by a moments hesitation...

No comments:

Post a Comment