Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mud Pie

Don't form words you don't understand
call me what you will without recognition
what was the basis for your decision?
want to play and keep me locked away
your special escape
it feels like rape
you want everything
your favorite word is take
masked behind give
all serve to let it live
when all it needs to do is lie
never oh no never
not you but only me
undeserved of free
but cry for me
while you lie to me
it doesn't hurt
but tastes like dirt
spitting the mud
that mixes
when I'm honest
such a dirty word
tainted by the truth
smile with all your mirth
as you eat the icing
and throw away the cake
cry over the things you make
sorry but this time…
I cannot relate
I want no part
of your "understanding"
just leave me to my meandering
wandering wondering
of what you meant
when you made mud pies
out of purity
my vision blurry
with all my fury
as I eat your pie
tasting the lie
with a smile
and why?

Because I love you
until I die

No comments:

Post a Comment