Saturday, August 23, 2008

No Me



You don't know me and never will
understanding serves to kill
the peaceful mind that's standing still

quiet your mind and you might find
the truth to me
the truth to you
let me do me
while you do you

the lie will die
in the empty sky
never will you wonder why
without something to identify


I am me just like you
I don't need these things
to see what's true
all that's left is me
and you….


Now you see what's really there
when no ones left to lie and care
journey with me if you dare
but only after my soul lay's bare


Only then can you really grasp it
picture yourself inside that casket
let your fears drift on by
fight it…? Don't even try


Accept the pain for it wont last
the pain of life is sure to pass
just like death, its not forever
neither is the term "together"


I'm not my job
I'm not my child
I'm not the smoke
nor black and mild's


I'm not the beer
I'm not the weed
I'm not your fears
nor good deeds


I'm not my responsibility
liberated; set me free
of all the things I used to be
I feel I have to disagree


I'm just someone sent to earth
been the same since my birth
here are my words for what its worth
I hope this doesn't make things worse


but I wouldn't give a damn
if you told me that's all I am
because I've realized what's true
there is no me
and there is no you


No comments:

Post a Comment